- Section 43 A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”); and
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
This Policy applies only to our Services and we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any other website to which our Website links or that links to our Services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites or services so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and other Information while you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time such as your name, age, gender, email address, residential address, telephone/mobile number, blood group, medical case and other relevant information as may be required.
In addition to the above, while you access or interact with the Services from any technological device which includes but is not limited to mobiles, tabs and computer system we may receive certain information, viz.:
- the name of your internet service provider;
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services;
- the operating system you are using;
- the date and time you access our Services;
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Services;
- search engine, search terms and advertising clicks/actions;
- surveys’ responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information;
- the manufacturer and model of your mobile device;
- your mobile operating system;
- the type of mobile internet browsers you are using;
- your geo-location;
information about how you interact with our Website, such as how many times you use a specific part of the Website over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Website, how often you use the Website, actions you take in the Website and how you engage with the Website;
information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Website
Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behaviour.
If you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
As part of providing our Services to you, We may need to send routine communications to you, such as order transaction emails and other administrative messages through email and notifications posted on the Website or through other means available, including text and other forms of messaging. Though we prefer to communicate with our Customers via email, as may be deemed necessary, you agree to receive our phone calls, related to your orders/request on peoplespharma.co.in.
When you sign up to receive our Newsletters, we may periodically send emails about new products, special offers or other information, which you may find it interesting and beneficial as well. If you do not wish to receive promotional information from us, you can, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving PEOPLES PHARMA promotional Newsletters. To unsubscribe from our Newsletters, you can follow the directions included at the Newsletters.
You must ensure to provide us with the correct or up-to-date Personal Information. This will allow us to contact you for further correspondences with respect to your order at www.peoplespharma.co.in. We are not responsible for any inaccurate information you provide to us, which may affect your shopping experience on our website.
If, at any time, you want to access, update, modify or eliminate any of your account information at PEOPLES PHARMA, you may do so by clicking “Your Account”, and then review/change your sensitive personal information as you want it to be.
PEOPLES PHARMA may, in future, request other optional information from you in order to customize the Website to deliver personalized service to our Customers.
What Information We Collect About You
- We do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information. However, you might provide us with your personal and demographic information – including your name, gender, age, address, phone number, email address and your medical prescription(s) – in the following ways:
- As a New Customer, when you register/create an account, place your order, or upload your medical prescription at PEOPLES PHARMA;
- As an Existing Customer, when you update your existing profile on website;
- When you sign up for enewsletters at peoplespharma.co.in;
- When you use Refer & Earn program , Ask Our Pharmacist service, Contact Us or submit your Testimonials at www.peoplespharma.co.in.
- During your visit to our Website, We may automatically receive technical information about your computer/device, including your IP address, your computer operating system, time-zone, browser type and browser plug-in details, due to the communication protocol settings on the Internet.
- When you browse our Website, We may also collect information regarding the pages you viewed, the web addresses from which you arrive or click through to, time spent on certain pages, download errors and page response times. All these information help us analyze Customers’ trends and preferences, and thus assist us in improving our service.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
Communication triggered from User’s End:
We strive to make sure that our user’s experience exceeds the expectations. There are many ways to reach us i.e. via phone, e-mail, chat and other social media channels. Once you initiate a communication from your end, to help improve our Service etiquettes to you, we may catalogue your contact information and correspondence details for later references. This eventually will also enable us to track the responses you provide to us as a feedback for our e-mails and also the number of visits that you as a User make to our Website. This methodology will help us to improve our Services from a customer delight stand point.
Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
We may disclose personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent. Such third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us to provide the Services and we take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect the Personal Information in the same manner as contemplated herein.
We may, however, disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
In due course of time we might use your Personal Information for any new and unanticipated reason not expressly mentioned in this Policy. We will obtain your consent in such cases as may be required by law.
Disclosure policy in compliance with rule 6 of the IT Rules 2011
The Personal Information may be disclosed to any person, if such disclosure is required for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Website.
The Personal Information may be disclosed, where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
We do not rent, sell, publish or share your Personal Information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information unless:
Special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, requests/order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure.
What security procedures are in place to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration?
To protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, and to comply with Rule 8 of IT Rules, 2011 (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information), we have in place appropriate physical, electronic, technical, operational and managerial procedures.
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
Our servers are accessible only to authorized personnel and your information is shared with respective personnel to complete the transaction and to provide the Services requested by you.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your sensitive personal identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. No such measures are competent enough to safeguard your Personal Information in a complete 100% way. Hence, you are also encouraged to take steps to prevent your Personal Information from being misused by logging off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password , not sharing the password with anyone and changing it periodically. We in no way can are to be held responsible for the unauthorized use of your Personal Information or for any suspicious activity on your account. By using our Website, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. PEOPLES PHARMA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from all PEOPLES PHARMA lists and newsletters, please visit unsubscribe.
Advertisements on PEOPLES PHARMA
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- I understand and have the knowledge that Personal Information is being collected.
- I understand and have the knowledge of the purpose for which my Personal Information is being collected.
- I understand and have the knowledge of the indented recipients of the information.
- I understand that I have the option not to provide the data or information sought to be collected by PEOPLES PHARMA and the Website.
- I understand that I also have an option (while availing the services of PEOPLES PHARMA , Website or otherwise) to withdraw my consent given earlier to PEOPLES PHARMA and understand and accept that such withdrawal of the consent shall be sent in writing and in such case PEOPLES PHARMA shall have the option not to provide the services for which the said information was sought at its discretion.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Please contact us regarding any questions regarding this statement.